Private Client Clerk
Negotiable | Keighley West Yorkshire | Permanent | Full Time
JOB TITLE: Private Client Clerk
REQUIRED: 3+ years’ experience in a Private Client equivalent role
LOCATION: Keighley, West Yorkshire (commutable from Leeds, Bradford, the Aire Valley and East Lancashire)
SALARY: £Dependent on experience and calibre of applicant
Our company is seeking a confident and self-motivated Clerk to support the fee earners within the Private Client department. The role will involve:
- General administration and data input.
- Assisting with document drafting e.g., Wills and Lasting Powers of Attorney.
- Involvement with probate and the administration of estates.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Drive and motivation.
- Strong organisational skills.
- An ability to process large volumes of documents.
- A client focused approach.
- Attention to detail.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Good typing skills.
- Ability and knowledge of current technology & systems including working with a case management system.
- It is essential that the successful candidate have experience of supporting fee earners within the area of Private Client, including drafting and administration tasks.
- The commitment and passion to be part of the firm’s expansion and actively involve themselves in appropriate networking or marketing of the business.
CURRENT AREAS OF WORK
Our Private Client department deals with a wide variety of cases including high net worth matters. The caseload has been built through individual reputations and personal commitment to client care. The successful candidate will be assisting in work including:
- Estate Administration
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Court of Protection Matters
- Trust Administration
- Later Life Planning
- Elderly Care (legal advice relating to care in the home, residential & nursing homes)
We are a forward-looking high-street law firm who pride ourselves in delivering a high-quality professional service.
A successful merger, a few years ago, and a recent takeover has given us the appetite and sound financial footing to expand further.
Our advertisements may use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we would be happy to consider applications from all candidates who can demonstrate the skills needed to perform the role.
Waddington Legal Limited is an equal opportunities employer.