Negotiable | Keighley West Yorkshire | Permanent | Full Time
JOB TITLE: Private Client Clerk - Wills, Probate & Later Life Planning
REQUIRED: 5+ years’ experience
LOCATION: Keighley, West Yorkshire (commutable from Leeds, Bradford, the Aire Valley and East Lancashire)
SALARY: £Dependent on experience and calibre of applicant
Our company is seeking a confident and self-motivated Clerk to support fee earners within the Private Client department. This includes but is not limited to assisting with document drafting (such as Wills and Lasting Powers of Attorney), probate and administration of estates. The role will involve general administration and data input.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- drive and motivation
- strong organisational skills
- an ability to process large volumes of documents
- a client focused approach
- attention to detail
- outstanding communication skills
- good typing skills
- ability and knowledge of current technology & systems including working with a case management system
- it is essential that the successful candidate have experience of supporting fee earners within the area of Private Client including drafting and administration tasks
- the commitment and passion to be part of the firm’s expansion and actively involve themselves in appropriate networking or marketing of the business.
CURRENT AREAS OF PRIVATE CLIENT WORK
Our Private Client department deals with a wide variety of cases including high net worth matters. The caseload has been built through individual reputations and personal commitment to client care. The successful candidate will be assisting in work including:
- Estate Administration
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Court of Protection Matters
- Trust Administration
- Later Life Planning
- Elderly Care (legal advice relating to care in the home, residential & nursing homes)
We are a forward-looking high-street law firm who pride ourselves in delivering a high-quality professional service. A successful merger, a few years ago, and a recent takeover has given us the appetite and sound financial footing to expand further.
The firm has extensive knowledge across a range of sectors and covers some niche areas e.g. Equine Law. This is supported by an active marketing strategy which continues to reap rewards.
The company is currently working out of its Keighley office, due to COVID-19.
- Our advertisements may use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we would be happy to consider applications from all candidates who can demonstrate the skills needed to perform the role
- Waddington Legal Limited is an equal opportunities employer.