I am currently studying for my Legal Practice Certificate (LPC) at BPP University in Leeds with an aim to qualify as a Solicitor in the future. I would really like to continue my work with the Wills, Probate & Later Life Planning team.
Each day I am becoming more involved in dealing with a range of legal matters which includes:
- Instructions from individuals, businesses and estates,
- General enquiries about potential or future cases, and a wide variety of queries on existing cases.
- Drafting basic wills.
- Preparing Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) and deputyship applications.
- Assisting on probate matters and drafting probate applications.
A typical day consists of:
- Dealing with potential clients on the telephone and face to face.
- Taking initial instructions and brief background details from a client.
- Arranging convenient appointments for clients.
- Creating files for clients and entering information into our Case Management System to ensure continuity of correspondence and documentation.
- Typing letters, statements, documentation and file notes.
- Taking messages from clients and other solicitors via email and post.
- Advising clients of any updates or progress on their individual cases.
- Ensuring all client files and correspondence are kept tidy and in chronological order.
- Providing reception cover during lunch breaks and holiday periods.
- Plus covering reception and dealing with any other administration tasks the business requires.