facebooK twitter linkedin rss

Identification and Evidence of Residence

Identification (ID) & Evidence of Residence

All solicitors must confirm both the identity (id) and the residence of their clients. Listed below are the documents that we accept.

If you cannot provide these, for any reason, then we do offer an alternative method. The details are provided at the bottom of this page.

Proof of Identification (ID)

  • Current full passport
  • Residents Permit issued by the Home Office
  • Current Full UK driving Licence
  • Benefits book or notification letter from the Department for Work & Pensions
  • HM Revenue & Customs Tax notification
  • Firearms Certificate (ASF)

Evidence of residence

  • Recent utility bill (gas, electricity, council tax or water services)
  • Recent mortgage statement
  • Rent book or tenancy agreement
  • Bank/Building Society statement or passbook

What if I don’t have any of the items you need?

We also provide the option for identification to be confirmed via 192.com at a cost of £2.00. If you do not have the required documents then this provides us with an alternative method for completing identification checks.

Free Initial Enquiry

We would be delighted to explain how we can help you. For your free, initial enquiry, please: