We are able to assist and advise in relation to all private law children matters.
We will advise whether an application for a Child Arrangements Order is suitable and we will always recommend a referral to mediation where appropriate.
A Child Arrangements Order (CAO) is an order that regulates the arrangements for a child that relate to any of the following:
- Who the child will live, spend time or have contact with?
- When the child will live, spend time or have contact with any parent, grandparent etc?
There are several ways that contact may take place:
- Direct contact between the child and the person named in the CAO.
- Overnight contact.
- Supervised contact.
- Indirect contact through phone calls, letters and/or cards.
A CAO regulates:
- With whom a child is to live and when. This will last until the child is 18 (unless the Court orders an earlier date);
- When the child is to have contact with a person and this will usually end when the child is 16 but in limited circumstances can last until the child is 18.