Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT)
- New SDLT rates were launched on 08.07.2020 and will remain place until 31.03.2021
- For further information on the rates and eligible property values please go to our page on New Stamp Duty rates.
- The SDLT rates will return to those quoted below on the 01.04.2021.
Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) must be paid to HMRC if you buy property or land over a certain amount in England and Northern Ireland:
- Residential property - £125k
- Non-residential land - £150k
Please note that Wales and Scotland have different policies.
For more detailed information you can go to https://www.gov.uk/stamp-duty-land-tax.
If you are buying your first home then you may be eligible for a discount if:
- The purchase price is £500k or less
- You, and anyone else you’re buying with, are first time buyers.