I am currently training within the Family Department with a view to qualifying as a Legal Executive. I am becoming more involved in dealing with the full range of legal matters including divorce, separation and children matters.
As a Paralegal within the Family Department working for Erika Williman Head of Family, I deal with a full spectrum of family matters including:
- instructions for individuals and first port of call for new enquiries
- general enquiries about potential or future cases,
- and a wide variety of queries on existing cases.
A typical day consists of:
- Dealing with potential clients on the telephone and face to face.
- Taking initial instructions for the family department including obtaining background details from clients.
- Arranging convenient appointments for clients.
- Creating files for clients and entering information onto our Case Management System to ensure continuity of correspondence and documentation.
- Drafting and typing letters, statements, documentation and file notes.
- Taking messages from clients and other solicitors via email and post.
- Advising clients of any updates or progress on their individual cases.
- Dealing with outstanding Debt Matters for the firm.
- Ensuring all client files and correspondence are kept tidy and in chronological order.
- Providing reception cover during lunch breaks and holiday periods.
I help assist Erika Williman, Head of Family Department to deal with all aspects of family matters including:
- Prenuptial Agreement
- Financial Settlement
- Domestic Violence