As a Receptionist I am the first person most of our clients meet or talk to. As a Legal Assistant I also deal with a range of legal matters including:
- instructions for individuals, businesses and estates,
- general enquiries about potential or future cases, and
- a wide variety of queries on existing cases.
A typical day consists of:
- Reception duties.
- Dealing with potential clients on the telephone and face to face.
- Taking initial instructions and brief background details from a client.
- Arranging convenient appointments for clients.
- Creating files for clients and entering information onto our Case Management System to ensure continuity of correspondence and documentation.
- Typing letters, statements, documentation and file notes.
- Taking messages from clients and other solicitors via email and post.
- Advising clients of any updates or progress on their individual cases.
- Ensuring all client files and correspondence are kept tidy and in chronological order.
- Plus all the usual secretarial duties!