Identification & Evidence of Residence
Identification (ID) & Evidence of Residence
In common with most banks and professional advisers we are required by law to conduct identification checks on clients even where they are known personally to us or have had dealings with us in the past. In order to satisfy those requirements, please provide one item (preferably photo id) from Section A and two from Section B.
At times, we have to find alternative ways to see ID and Evidence of Residence e.g Facetime, Skype, photos of documentation and online verification. This may include checking information with you as part of our client due diligence (CDD) responsibilities.
Please be aware that we have additional Anti-Money Laundering and CDD obligations to meet if we do not see you face to face.
Section A (Evidence of Name) x 1
- Current Passport
- Current UK or EEA Photocard Driving Licence
- Original Birth Certificate
- EEA Member ID Card
- Full Old-Style Driving Licence
- Photographic CIS4 (Construction Industry) Card
- Benefit Book or original Entitlement Letter from Benefits Agency
- Firearms or Shotgun Certificate
Section B (Evidence of Address/Residence) x 2
- Utility Bill (Gas, Water, Electricity etc) issued in the last three months
- LA Council Tax Bill for the current year
- Current UK Driving Licence (if not used for evidence of name)
- Bank or Building Society letter/statement issued in last three months
- Mortgage Statement
- Benefit Book or original Entitlement Letter from Benefits Agency (if not used as evidence of name)
- HMRC Self-assessment letter or tax demand within current financial year
- Electoral Register Entry
There may be occasions when we need to carry out an enhanced check e.g., a property purchase
These are done via InfoTrack at a cost of £7.20 (including VAT).
Further information can be found on a leaflet produced by the Law Society.