I joined WTW Solicitors in February 2023 having worked in the legal profession for 20 years. Previous employers include Gordons and AWB Charlesworth.
I have undertaken the STEP (Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners) Foundation certificate before progreesing to be a full time wills and probate executive.
What is STEP?
- STEP is a global professional body, comprising lawyers, accountants, financial advisors and other practitioners that help families plan for their futures. We set standards, train and educate our members, and ensure standards are upheld.
- Full STEP members, known as TEPs (Trust and Estate Practitioners), are experts in inheritance and succession planning.
A typical day will consist of:
- Speaking to clients and third parties in person and on the telephone.
- Dealing with general enquiries; whether a client is looking for advice or an update.
- Drafting Wills, Probate Applications, Lasting Powers of Attorney and Deputyship Applications.
- Discussing costs and billing with clients as well as co-coordinating invoices.
- Ensuring my case load is kept up to date and in order.
- Dealing with post received on my matters and generally within the department (when necessary).